Your Source for Secure & Reliable Data Storage
During times of crisis, protecting your data is more important than ever. Qualstar is here to help. We have libraries and media available and ready to ship.
Delivering Data Storage Solutions to Customers Worldwide
Founded in Southern California, Qualstar has been a leading provider of digital storage solutions since 1984. Today, it offers a full range of tape libraries in various sizes and configurations to meet any requirements. Our data storage products provide highly scalable and reliable solutions to store and retrieve very large quantities of electronic data. Qualstar’s products are known throughout the world for their high quality, ease of use, and reliability—providing years of trouble-free service.
Selecting the Right Solution
Tape has long been used as a digital data storage medium, but it is the rapid expansion of Big Data in recent years that has really made its value proposition apparent. With ultradense storage capacities, ever-increasing read/write speeds, and data integrity for up to 30 years, tape is the 21st-century solution to the problem of storing more and more nearline and persistent data, that which is infrequently accessed or has been archived. It is also the low-cost solution to storing massive amounts of information, given the lower cost of tape cartridges over competing media and tape’s smaller power draw compared to hard drive solutions
Tale of the Tape:
- Each cartridge can store multiple terabytes of data.
- Tape maintains data integrity for up to 30 years.
- Lower power consumption makes it a green alternative to hard drives.
- Barcode tracking system keeps data organized.
- Since data on tape is decoupled from its source, it is more secure from cyberattacks.
- Increased data density has yielded faster write and read speeds.
- Compared to solid state drives, hard disks, optical, and other storage alternatives, tape is still the most cost-effective media for data storage.
LTO Ultrium Roadmap
Based on Different Storage Demands
Qualstar’s Commitment to Excellence
Over the 36 years since its founding, Qualstar has established a reputation of trust built on excellent service and high-quality, reliable products. One of the few remaining fully independent tape library manufacturers, we go above and beyond our competitors to deliver solutions that most effectively meet our customers’ requirements while still accommodating the need for expansion
- 36 years of experience and expertise delivering data storage solutions
- Scalable libraries easily grow with business requirements—from entry-level to enterprise-class
- No slot licensing fees
- ISO, RoHS, UL, and FCC certified products
- Expert technical support on call to help customers through any issue
- Vertically integrated in-house capabilities
- Global footprint with strategic presences in the United States, South Korea, China, and Germany.
- As one of the last independent library manufacturer, our customers aren’t locked into any specific archiving application promoted by the tape library company