XLS-832700 Library Resource Module
- Single LRM scales easily from 4 to 32 tape drives (LTO-6, LTO-7, or LTO-8), delivering a maximum throughput rate exceeding 86 TB per hour
- A single LRM to be configured with 260 tape slots up to a maximum of 700 slots, depending on options
- Patented Compass Architecture enables full 360-degree robotic tape access, minimizing seek times
- Up to 40 I/O slots per LRM speed bulk tape handling operations
- Up to eight independent host connections, each with its own logical partition
- Integrated diagnostics and advanced monitoring maximize uptime
- Advanced single-view, browser-based interface provides uniform local and worldwide management
- Large color touchscreen facilitates local management and control of the library
- N+1 power system and hot-swappable components
- Highly efficient robotics design reduces power consumption and cooling requirements
- Qualstar technical support provides remote diagnostic access to minimize service interruptions and reduce downtime
- Extended service and support plans available
The XLS-832700 LRM can be configured to house from 260 LTO tape cartridges up to a maximum of 700 cartridges. This flexibility is afforded by configuration options such as one or two door-mounted magazines, each with capacity for 110 tape cartridges; 8 dual-purpose resource bays for tape drives (up to 4 drives per bay) or tape slots (30 slots per bay); and four dual-purpose front-mounted magazine spaces each capable of holding either a 10-slot I/O port or 10 fixed tape slots. Your Qualstar representative will work with you to configure the right solution to meet your needs.
The XLS accommodates up to eight Fibre Channel library control channels. User configured parameters can be backed up remotely so that in the event of a major library controller failure/replacement the user configuration can be uploaded and the library brought back online immediately.
X-LINK™ SINGLE-VIEW WORLDWIDE INTERFACE
X-Link is a powerful, browser-based graphical user interface that gives both local and remote administrators a single-view, comprehensive tool set to configure, manage, monitor and control XLS via a single IP connection, worldwide. A large color touch screen provides local management and control.
LOGICAL LIBRARY PARTITIONS
Up to eight individual library partitions can be established. Each partition contains one or more Fibre Channel tape drives, and a dedicated library control interface. X-Link gives administrators complete information about and control of the storage elements assigned to each partition, making setup, administration and re-configuration easy.
EASE OF SERVICE
XLS is designed to support field-replaceable units (FRUs), incorporating easily exchanged modules. The power supplies, cooling fans, and drives are all designed for easy replacement. MTTR for any service operation is <30 minutes. Remote access by Qualstar Technical Support speeds monitoring and diagnosis to eliminate service interruptions.
N+1 power is standard on the XLS-832700. The system controller uses a journaling file system for faster recovery from power loss / system resets. XLS uses a distributed control intelligence connected by a high reliability CAN bus. Advanced diagnostics and error recovery procedures are incorporated in the XLS firmware design.