XLS-8161100 Library Resource Module
Qualstar’s highly modular XLS series of enterprise library systems delivers new levels of density, flexibility, scalability and ease of use, coupled with our proven record of reliability and value. The XLS‑8161100 offers the highest capacity in the XLS family and can be expanded into a multi-unit configuration that can hold as many as 7,500 tapes.
- Single LRM scales easily from 4 to 16 tape drives (LTO-6, LTO-7, or LTO-8), with maximum throughput rate exceeding 43 TB/hr
- Options allow a single LRM to be configured with a capacity from 728 tape slots up to a maximum of 1068 slots
- Patented Compass Architecture enables full 360 degree robotic tape access, minimizing robot seek times
- High-speed carousel technology enables high density—over 1.13 PB of data (or 2.83 PB of compressed data) per square foot
- Up to 40 I/O slots per LRM speed bulk tape handling operations
- Up to eight independent host connections, each with its own logical partition
- Integrated diagnostics and advanced monitoring maximize uptime
- Advanced single-view, browser-based interface provides uniform local and worldwide management
- Large color touchscreen facilitates local management and control of the library
- N+1 power system and hot-swappable components
- Highly efficient robotics design yields low power consumption, reduced cooling requirements
- Qualstar Technical Support provides remote diagnostic access to minimize service interruptions and reduce downtime
- Extended service and support plans are available
The XLS accommodates up to eight Fibre Channel library control channels. User configured parameters can be backed up remotely so that in the event of a major library controller failure/replacement the user configuration can be uploaded and the library brought back online immediately.
X-LINK™ SINGLE-VIEW WORLDWIDE INTERFACE
X-Link is a powerful, browser-based graphical user interface that gives both local and remote administrators a single-view, comprehensive tool set to configure, manage, monitor and control XLS via a single IP connection, worldwide. A large color touch screen provides local management and control.
LOGICAL LIBRARY PARTITIONSUp to eight individual library partitions can be established. Each partition contains one or more Fibre Channel tape drives, and a dedicated library control interface. X-Link gives administrators complete information about and control of the storage elements assigned to each partition, making setup, administration and re-configuration easy.
EASE OF SERVICE
XLS is designed to support field-replaceable units (FRUs), incorporating easily exchanged modules. The power supplies, cooling fans, and drives are all designed for easy replacement. MTTR for any service operation is <30 minutes. Remote access by Qualstar Technical Support speeds monitoring and diagnosis to eliminate service interruptions.
N+1 power is standard on the XLS-8161100. The system controller uses a journaling file system for faster recovery from power loss / system resets. XLS uses a distributed control intelligence connected by a high reliability CAN bus. Advanced diagnostics and error recovery procedures are incorporated in the XLS firmware design.