Qi Desktop LTO Mac | Single-Drive LTO for macOS
The compact and portable Qi is made even more versatile with the Qi Desktop LTO Mac bundled solution. Catering to users of macOS operating systems, the package includes a standard Qi Desktop LTO SAS unit as well as all the hardware and software required to utilize a Thunderbolt-based connectivity interface.
Perfect for large enterprises where many people in many different computing environments share the same unit, the Qi can be disconnected from the Thunderbolt adapter and utilized by Windows and Linux users via a SAS connection. By the same token, the external ThunderLink adapter can be easily disconnected and shared between multiple Mac-based Qi users, letting a single adapter service the needs of an entire team.
Depending on your capacity needs, the Qi can be equipped with an LTO-7, LTO-8, or LTO-9 tape drive.
Included in the Box
- Qi Desktop LTO Mac (with power cord)
- ATTO ThunderLink SH 3128 (with power cord)
- Mini-SAS SFF-8644 to SFF-8088 cable
- Hedge Canister: The premier, hassle-free LTO backup app for macOS. Canister supports the latest LTFS drivers and utilizes an intuitive drag-and-drop interface. (download here)
- Provides Thunderbolt storage connectivity to macOS users
- Also compatible with Windows and Linux
- Easy-to-integrate solution that circumvents the need for hardware reconfiguration
- Available with a half-height LTO-7, LTO-8, or LTO-9 tape drive
- Up to 45 TB storage using LTO-9 compression ratio of 2.5:1
- Lightweight, small footprint, and low-profile form factor
- Encryption capable
- CE, FCC, and UL certified
- RoHS compliant
Key Features and Benefits
The Qi Desktop LTO Mac is a bundled solution pairing the Qi Desktop LTO SAS with the Thunderbolt-certified ATTO ThunderLink® SH 3128—an adapter between the Qi and a Thunderbolt 3 interface that allows macOS users to enjoy all the product features of the existing Qi. Elegantly simple and intuitive, the Qi is an ideal way to store large amounts of data while working at various jobsites. Data can be managed and distributed securely by removing the cartridge from the drive, physically isolating its data and guaranteeing absolute safety from cyber threats. The Qi is backed by Qualstar’s one-year advanced replacement warranty and knowledgeable customer support team.
Putting the User First
- Backward compatible with 20 Gb Thunderbolt
- Low price-per-terabyte ratio
- Simple integration into existing environments
- Easy maintenance and service
- Highly portable
- Write once read many (WORM) capable
Optional Hedge Canister Software Features
- Easy archive, browse, and retrieve functionality for Mac users
- True drag-and-drop operation
- Checksum verification after each archive
- Simultaneous archives
- Interoperability with LTFS and Windows