Qi Desktop LTO Mac | Single-Drive LTO for macOS
The compact and portable Qi is made even more versatile with the Qi Desktop LTO Mac bundled solution. Catering to users of macOS operating systems, the package includes a standard Qi Desktop LTO SAS unit as well as all the hardware and software required to utilize a Thunderbolt-based connectivity interface.
Perfect for large enterprises where many people in many different computing environments share the same unit, the Qi can be disconnected from the Thunderbolt adapter and utilized by Windows and Linux users via a SAS connection. By the same token, the external ThunderLink adapter can be easily disconnected and shared between multiple Mac-based Qi users, letting a single adapter service the needs of an entire team. The entire solution is compact enough to transport from jobsite to jobsite and offers a very attractive price point.
Depending on your capacity needs, the Qi can be equipped with an LTO-6, LTO-7, or LTO-8 tape drive. The upcoming LTO-9 format will also be offered upon its release.
Included in the Box
- Qi Desktop LTO Mac (with power cord)
- ATTO ThunderLink SH 3128 (with power cord)
- Mini-SAS SFF-8644 to SFF-8088 cable
- Hedge Canister: The premier, hassle-free LTO backup app for macOS. Canister supports the latest LTFS drivers and utilizes an intuitive drag-and-drop interface. (download here)
- Provides Thunderbolt storage connectivity to macOS users
- Also compatible with Windows and Linux
- Easy-to-integrate solution that circumvents the need for hardware reconfiguration
- Qi available with either a half-height LTO-6, LTO-7, or LTO-8 tape drive
- Up to 30 TB of storage using LTO-8 compression ratio of 2.5:1
- Small footprint and low-profile form factor
- Encryption capable
- CE, FCC, and UL certified
- RoHS compliant
The Qi Desktop LTO Mac is a bundled solution pairing the Qi Desktop LTO SAS with the Thunderbolt-certified ATTO ThunderLink SH 3128—which functions as an adapter between the Qi and a Thunderbolt 3 interface—allowing macOS users to enjoy all the product features of the existing Qi. Elegantly simple and intuitive, the Qi is an ideal way to store large amounts of data while working at various jobsites. Data can be managed and distributed securely by taking advantage of physical isolation—removing the cartridge from the drive—to guarantee absolute safety from cyber threats. The Qi is backed by Qualstar’s two-year advanced replacement warranty and knowledgeable customer support team.
Putting the User First
- Backwards compatible with 20 Gbit/s Thunderbolt
- Low price-per-terabyte ratio
- Simple integration into existing environments
- Easy maintenance and simple service
- Highly portable
- Write once read many (WORM) capable
Optional Hedge Canister Software Features
- Easy archive, browse, and retrieve functionality for Mac users
- True drag-and-drop operation
- Checksum verification after each archive
- Simultaneous archives
- Interoperability with LTFS and Windows